Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Meditation Plan

I just finished reading 'The Meditation Plan' by Richard Lawrence.
This part about how to meditate was quite enlightening. I was having problems trying to concentrate and this explanation from the book helps.

"Meditation is a DISCIPLINED loosening of the mind. You allow the mind to wander where it will, and yet all the time have complete control over the process. The way to do it is CONCENTRATION. The mind wants to wander, you cannot stop it by force. Instead you have to coax your mind in the direction you want it to go."

I should sit down and let my mind wander. When it is something I want to understand further, I must try to coax it to go down that direction instead of to another thought and be open to input at the same time.


Under the section 'Fortune' in this book were some guidelines that I should bear in mind. These are the three points I picked which I am not good at but will try to improve. Good fortune is something you cultivate, there is a magic to it.


a. Try to make everything you do helpful to others as well as yourself.

I will do things that will benefit myself as well as others. Not just others


b. Be as positive as you can. If you have anything negative which you feel has to be said about anyone, always say it to their face.

I will speak up even if the person may not like to hear it.


c. When dealing with any opposition to something you have to do, use truth as your weapon. Even if you are outspoken in your words and thoughts, try to keep LOVE in your heart. This will deny opponents any immunition against you.

I will be mindful of any opposition. Does it stem from my own selfich reasons or pride? I will seek the truth and have LOVE in my heart.