Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Birth and Buddha Paintings

3 weeks after I gave birth to my second son, my husband suggested I do some paintings of Buddha. We bought 2 Buddha art pieces a couple of months back and they have brought a sense of peace and abundence to our lives. So why not have more Buddha paintings? The paintings I did surprised even myself although to a trained eye it may seem amateurish. It was another wonderful gift after my son.
My favourite painting.
http://static.flickr.com/79/240228603_0a29510488_m.jpg
Please check out the rest of my paintings and offer your comments. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindabosco/
I went through my second birth without epidural (Yep!) and without my husband. He was sending my older son to my mum's when I decided to pop. The nurse I had was an angel and she help me through with both her encouragement and expertise. My husband and I decided to do away with the month long confinement after my birth to everyones shock and bewilderment as it was a understood custom to follow. My whole family was much happier including ME!
From these 2 experiences about birth and confinement, I learn to question what my beliefs are. Are they my own or are they opionions and interpretations of others? Have any of the confinement facts been substiantiated or are they just old wife's tale that play on our fears and ignorance.
How can we say we need epidural when everyone's pain threshold is different. Another person's idea of pain will be different from yours.Well, I was blessed that my labour was short but more blessed because I came out stronger as a person.