Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Women make the best salesmen

I am currently reading this book called 'Women make the best salesmen' by Marion Luna Brem. She is one of the top car salesperson in a profession usually dominated by men. I find this book very insightful as it offers me a women's point of view of sales written by a woman who has found success.

These are the 3 things that I can apply to improve myself

a. Dress the part

Remember and practice the "Three C's" of dressing comfortably, compatibly, and confidently, your customers will respectfully pay attention to your message.

1. Comfortably - I will not distract myself/client in any way.
2. Compatibly - I will dress with my client and product in mind.
3. Confidently - I will feel in control.


b. Set the stage

1. Prepare your 'show' area as you would expect a special guests.
2. Good organization impresses and wins people over.
3. Have the tools of your trade at your fingertips.


c. Good first impression

1. Follow up with prospects and customers and make the impression lasts.
2. Listen to your heart, it doesn't lie to you. Others will see the honesty in your deeds.
3. Be emotionally engage with your customers. It takes courage but it builds trust.